Have you ever made a risotto from scratch? Well let me tell you if you need help toning up those bingo wings, 25 minutes of continuous stirring will most definitely help!!
But even though it might seem like hard work to make, it really was a lovely dish to eat. And knowing that its super healthy and is a great pre-op dinner makes it one of my favourite meals.
If you’d like to find out how I made this dish, please continue to read this post as the recipe is below.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: To make 2 portions
- 1/2 White Onion – Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove – Grated or Pressed
- 2 Vine Tomatoes
- Green Beans
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Lemon
- 2tsp Dried Oregano
- 750ml Water
- 15g Tomato Puree
- 175g Risotto Rice
- 1/2tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 40g Parmesan Cheese
METHOD: 40 Minutes Cooking Time
- Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 6, Halve, peel and chop the ONION into 1/2cm pieces. Peel and grate the GARLIC (or used a garlic press). Chop the VINE TOMATOES into 1cm chunk. Remove the ends from the GREEN BEANS and chop into thirds.
- Put the CHICKEN on a foil-lined baking tray, drizzle on some oil, grate over some LEMON ZEST and sprinkle on the DRIED OREGANO. Season with salt and pepper, squeeze over some LEMON JUICE and massage in the flavours.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the ONION. Stir and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes. Then add the GARLIC and TOMATO PUREE, mix well and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the RISOTTO RICE and stir to ensure its fully coated with the garlicky mixture. Add in the WHITE WINE VINEGAR and let it evaporate.
- Bake the CHICKEN on the top shelf of your oven and cook for 25 minutes. Halfway through cooking sprinkle over half of the grated PARMESAN CHEESE, then pop it all back into the oven.
- In the meantime, add the TOMATO CHUNKS and a ladle of the water. Stir continuously until the water has been absorbed by the rice. Continue this process with the water until all 750mls have been added. This should take 25 minutes. Add the GREEN BEANS to the pan for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir through the remaining PARMESAN CHEESE and a squeeze of LEMON JUICE. Season with some SALT and PEPPER to taste. Spoon the RISOTTO into bowls and lay the cooked CHICKEN on top.